The architects were the Philadelphia firm Cope & Stewardson, represented by James P. Jamieson. The general contractor was Bright Construction Company. These companies worked together on other early campus buildings. The building was occupied as the administrative center by the university in February 1905, and was known for many years thereafter as University Hall. The name was officially changed to 布鲁金斯大厅 on June 12, 1928.
在布鲁金斯大厅的东立面的题词 discere SI cupias内：salvere iubemus，意思是“如果你想了解，请输入：我们欢迎你。”
罗伯特秒。布鲁金斯 was born in 1850 and later went to work for Cupples & Marston, a woodenware and willowware wholesale business. He and his brother were eventually made equal partners in the business, and Robert took upon himself the responsibility of moving Washington University to its current, permanent location, and contributed $200,000 to the university for the construction of an administrative building. Brookings was also the founder of the Brookings Institution and was a member of the university’s Board of Directors from 1891 to 1928, serving as president from 1895 to 1928.
观看 牌匾 该布鲁金斯下谎言牌楼，并了解更多关于William格林里夫艾略特，大学的校长第三。