Jolley Hall is named for Harold D. Jolley, a native St. Louisan and a 1911 graduate of Washington University School of Engineering & Applied Science. In 1914, Jolley was awarded a professional Master’s degree in civil engineering for his continuing professional development and achievement. He joined Ceco Steel Products Company in 1916, and, after 41 years of advancement through the company ranks, retired Vice President Emeritus. After retirement, Jolley established the 哈罗德·d。乔莉 Professorship in Civil Engineering. It was his lifelong dream to have an engineering building with his name on it.